Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mardi Gras and Superbeaulx Over, time for Round Top/Marburger



Ah the magic of Margi Gras and the Superbeaulx is so over- it is time to get cranking out the next 6 weeks of work for Marburger Round Top and costumes for the Indie film I've been working on. The film will shoot in three weeks and Texas is in 6 weeks.Ungawa!

I can tell you how fresh and festive and Spring-like its been looking in my studio. I dug out the sweetest Liberty chintzes left to me by my aunt Alice and have been festooning lace and ruffles and linen all around. My camera is out of commish or would have taken pictures already. Needless to say we're getting a much needed dash of color in just the right tones of pink, teal and cornflower blue with of course the whitest white,cream,tea dyed linens and such.

I've been inspired by the dull dead plants all around contrasted with the costuming and flights of fancy we've had due to New Orleans festivities. I'll cheerfully take the cold any day it brings the winning Saints team, marching bands springing up out of shadows and feathers in the air.

Spring is just around the corner and it feels so good, considering the cold wet winter and the loss of our dear friend Rudy and his wise counsel about all things southern, fun, and super fried.It's Ash Wednesday so off to forget the revelry and back to work.
See yall in texas!

No comments: