Monday, October 15, 2007
Blog Action Day
What Can Artists do to Save the Planet?
1. Use recycled materials in your work. In New Orleans we are lucky to have The Green Project and Recycled for the Arts where you can pick up paint and materials to use. Other good places to look are thrift stores of course, yard sales, antique shops and salvage yards. Often you will spend less too and get more creative.
2. Make it yourself if you cannot find a recycled alternative. In internet is a great resource for how to do just about anything.
3. If you have to buy new supplies, buy it locally in a small locally owned shop. At least you are not paying to have the item trucked to your city.
4. Purchase wind credits and a Terra Pass to offset the equipment and vehicle you use.
5. Instead of throwing away materials you wont be using, freecycle or put it on craigslist.
Posted by RustChic at 6:55 AM