Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Thrifting in the Mississippi Delta



After returning home from a visit to the Mississippi Delta, I discovered a bit of a snafu with my camera and had lost almost all of my pics except for this lovely tractor.Undaunted, I tried to look up some of the shops I had visited in person to see if they had an online presence.Not to be, but, it seems Lucky Magazine has also discovered some of my haunts ( and the antiques shop where I used to have a booth).
So you must check it out:
http://www.luckymag.com/cityguides/oxford_ms

I Love the mustard Seed for the unusual quality of linens you can purchase there which you simply just cannot seem to find anymore. I also discovered this hidden secret:
http://www.brockauction.com/

The Brock Auction Company operates a storefront in an abandoned Walmart on Highway 61 in Batesville, Mississippi. Many of their leftovers from Auctions can be found here. Check out Brocks for their furniture. Should have brought the TRUCK!

No comments: